We will continue to focus on areas where we differentiate ourselves and have clear investment expertise with the goal to deliver non-traditional sources of return. This, together with our strong distribution footprint, will help us to best meet our clients’ needs across the globe.
Please see below a brief message from David Jacob, Member of the Board of Directors (and Chairman of the BoD as from 1 October 2019) and Head of Sales and Distribution, Tim Rainsford, commenting on the ARBF liquidation.
I am confident that our business is emerging stronger as a result of the challenges we faced, and our teams remain as dedicated as ever to creating value and delivering excellent service for our clients.David Jacob, Member of the Board of Directors (and Chairman of the BoD as from 1 October 2019)
- Remain focused on our clients and helping them achieve their investment objectives by focusing on truly active management of differentiated investment strategies
- Use the benefits of not having a “house view” while at the same time reduce complexity by simplifying our operational systems and processes
- We foster a strong culture based on collaboration, loyalty and honesty which can help to detect wrongdoing
- Commitment to a strong control environment – continuous enhancement to our three lines of defence framework, including a best practice approach for whistle-blowers who must be heard and protected at any time
- Maintaining a strong dialogue with our employees – listening and encouraging feedback across GAM creates a collaborative environment
- Governance review – review the consistency and operation of each functions’ processes and controls to drive best practice across the firm
- Chief Risk Officer and Group Head of Compliance reporting directly to the CEO
- New BoD risk committee with effect from 2019 AGM
- Strengthened our two-signatory policy by taking steps to ensure that portfolio managers are not directors of any of our investment advisory entities unless required by regulation
- Creation of a new Group policy framework – refreshing policies and providing training with particular focus on gifts and entertainment, whistle-blowing and conflicts of interests
- Continue to act rigorously on misconduct without exception
- Enhancements to our three lines of defence over the last couple of years
Important legal information
The information in this document is given for information purposes only and does not qualify as investment advice. Opinions and assessments contained in this document may change and reflect the point of view of GAM in the current economic environment. No liability shall be accepted for the accuracy and completeness of the information. Past performance is no indicator for the current or future development.
Investments should be made only after thorough reading of the current statutory prospectus and/or the fund regulations, the KIID, the articles of association and the current annual and semi-annual report and following advice from an independent finance and tax specialist.